August 25, 2012

Something New


So, why can’t I achieve my goals? I asked myself.
Every year, like most people, I had my new year resolutions in hands. The list is not too long, not too short either. Even more, i added those resolutions to my birthday wishes (yes, plural), hoping to reassure myself that something will be done, finished, completed and learned.
Does this action help? Not really. I was only assured that I’m inadequate. And I WANT MORE. Insatiable in short.
By achieving a dream, a big goal, it is often advised that the big dream should be broken into achievable smaller steps or sessions. Eventually with every small achievement you get closer and closer to the desired outcome. Done, a piece of cake.
Easy said than done. What if I just can’t bring myself to do the first step, even it’s easy and simple? I am just too lazy and with lots of excuses.
Well, thanks to my friend and her recommendation, this video “Try something new for 30 days” provides the easiest way to conquer the laziness and to achieve your goal. It’s a simple principle like breaking the big goal down, the speaker suggested us to do something you really want to do for 30 days in a row and a new habit will be formed. Just a small amount of time spent every day, eventually it will developed into a bigger and surprising result.
Shall we start?

No comments:

Post a Comment